Now, if you are like me, you have been waiting for the brand new season of Arrow and you are SO STOKED to find out what happens to the lives of our favorite characters in Star City. (Yes, the city was renamed.) But if you aren’t like me, and haven’t cared to watch this show, stop reading this post and watch it! For those who have seen the season 4 premiere already, good for you. But if you haven’t, please watch it because there are spoilers ahead.
This is now the point of no return…
You have been warned.
So, the new season of Arrow is here! And after the long
ass wait, we finally find out what the hell is going on with our favorite* TV superhero team.
(Choices are not limited to Team Arrow, Team Flash, Agents of Shield, etc.)
Now here’s a quick run through of their lives after last season’s finale:
- Oliver and Felicity are living happily, having adjusted to life away from crime fighting.
- Thea, Laurel, and Diggle are now the city’s masked protectors as Speedy, Black Canary, and Freelancer, respectively.
- Starling City was renamed to Star City after the explosion in Palmer Technologies that supposedly led to Ray Palmer’s death.
Now we have that out of the way, let’s move on to the current events:
- The city is under attack. (What’s new?)
- The new baddies are organized, well funded, well armed, and coordinated. (League of Assassins, but with more guns and bullet proof armor.)
- Speedy, Black Canary, and Freelancer are unable to keep up with the growing threat.
- Oliver and Felicity return, and after witnessing the big bad guy kill one of subordinates by touching him, Oliver suits up once again.
- Bad guys plan to blow up the newly renovated Star City station with stolen explosives on the train heading for the station.
- Oliver encounters the big bad guy who reveals himself as Damien Darhk.
- They save the day by blowing up the train.
- Oliver in his superhero suit announces to Star City that he is The Green Arrow.
Alright, let’s get down to it. How awesome is Oliver’s new suit?
I mean, it’s totally different from what we saw in the previous seasons, and it’s closer to what we see in the comics. I mean, it’s badass, especially after seeing Oliver put the whole thing on before going out to take on the bad guys.
The Coventry could use more tech in it, but hopefully, they fill it up throughout the system.
Now, we also see that there’s still tension between Oliver and Diggle over what happened last season, but here’s to hoping that they bury the hatchet because seeing both the Green Arrow and Freelancer working together makes for an awesome combo.
And yes, finally! After three long seasons where we all just wondered when the hell would “The Green Arrow” be used as a name is finally here. The announcement that was broadcast throughout Star City does being hope, considering that the big bad boss man is Damien Darhk.
Personally, I’m excited to see Neal McDonough in the role of Darhk. Considering his work in movies (RED 2, and Captain America) and TV (Suits, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter), he knows how to be a badass onscreen. I mean, really, how do top a villain like Ra’s al Ghul? Well, you bring in his rival, that’s how.
Plus with the twist at the end of the episode where it’s shown that Chief Lance is working (against his will) with Darhk leaves you wondering what he has in store for Star City.
The biggest question mark on my mind, and all of our minds, is who does that grave belong to? Considering that there have been a lot of losses already, are we ready to experience more?
In addition, those flash backs in the episode show us that Oliver returns to Lian Yu, under orders of Amanda Waller, but for what mission? This new season is sure to provide us with questions, answers, flash backs, and heartache found in any of the previous seasons of Arrow. But for now, let us relish in the fact that it’s back, and we can finally call Oliver Queen by the superhero name that we know him by, The Green Arrow.
Oh, did anyone catch that Easter Egg of Hal Jordan in one of the flashbacks?